High Quality, Best Price
White Card Course Training Centre Mawson Lakes
- Course Code: CPCWHS1001 (Supersedes CPCCWHS1001)
- Duration: 6 Hours
- Location: Mawson Lakes
- Cost: $125 (Includes White Card & Statement of Attainment)
- Requirements: Applicants must be 18 or over
All our available courses in Mawson Lakes
Our Mawson Lakes training location is conveniently located in Adelaide’s northern suburbs and is situated within easy access from the surrounding suburbs.
Mawson Lakes Hotel
10 Main St, Mawson Lakes SA 5095
Prepare to work safely in the construction industry
A White Card is a mandatory requirement for construction workers in Australia. This means that if you want to work in the construction industry, you have to have one. Even if you are only visiting Australia for a short period of time on a working holiday visa, you are not allowed to work on a construction site without a White Card.
White Card is the common name for the ‘Prepare to Work Safely in the Construction Industry CPCWHS1001’ training course. Holding a valid White Card means that you have completed official, certified general construction induction training with a registered organisation within Australia.
According to National Code of Practice for Induction for Construction Work, the people who need a White Card include:
- Construction labourers
- Site managers
- People who access operational construction zones unaccompanied or unsupervised
- Workers who routinely enter operational construction zones
Before anyone can work on an Australian construction site, they must have attained White Card accreditation. Issued by Registered Training Organisations (RTOs), WHS Inspectors from SafeWork SA may ask construction workers to provide their White Card for inspection and ask the PCBU to show their induction training or other worker competency records.
How Can I Get a White Card in Mawson Lakes?
To obtain the card, you need to complete a white card course, Mawson Lakes. CPCWHS1001 is the unit of competency to work safely in the construction industry. The required training is available through registered training organisations (RTOs).
How Long Is the White Card Course in Mawson Lakes?
The typical white card course SA lasts about 6 hours, depending on the training organisation. During this training, you learn the skills and knowledge needed to demonstrate your ability to identify and manage risks on a construction site.
How Much Does It Cost to Get a White Card in Mawson Lakes?
The average cost is between $99 and $150. However, the costs vary. Some training organisations charge a little more and others charge a little less.
Why Is It Important to Do White Card Training Face To Face?
White card training needs to be done in person with a registered training organisation and not online. Many training companies offer online courses but there are several reasons why you might find yourself off-site after completion of an online course rather than onsite.
- When it comes to WHS it is essential that you receive the latest up to date information, only face to face delivery can supply this as the person training you has the latest information. Online sites are usually set and forget and take a long time to be updated.
- In a face-to-face classroom environment, your trainer can adjust the course to fit your needs, this includes language, literacy and numeracy support. Online training is set and forget with no adjustments.
- Interaction has always been an important part of learning, online training leaves you isolated and reduces your chances of success. Face to face training allows you to work with others, discuss situations, and clarify subject matter.
- Workplace Health and Safety bodies around the country do not recognise online training, also some companies may also reject your White Card and ask you to resit a face to face course.
- Inspectors for WHS authorities are aware of colleges that use online training and may reject your card during inspections onsite.
- Verification of identity which is part of the application process for White Card is hard to do online which could lead to your card being rejected.
- Organisations who deliver online training for White Card make promises that you will be fully supported however when it comes to getting that support trainers are busy handling hundreds of learners, take time to get back to you if at all, and usually do not understand what you are asking.